Sometimes the best gifts are the most practical gifts. While it’s usually more fun during the holidays to give and receive silly tchotchkes like this one here, or here, you can trust that you (or your pre-law giftee) will appreciate something more useful in the long-run. So whether you’re jotting down your own holiday wish list or buying for an aspiring lawyer, consider some of the following gift suggestions:
1. Black’s Law Dictionary (Standard Ninth Edition)- This is the gold standard for the language of law and a must-have for all pre-law and law students.
3. Dual Monitors- Having two computer screens in law school can be extremely helpful, particularly when it comes to legal research & writing (LRW) and outlining.
5. Vitamins- Being sick is bad. Being sick in law school is really bad.
6. Law Journal Subscription- Subscriptions are essential for keeping up with the latest legal content.
7. Briefcase- Even if it’s used minimally in law school, a good-quality briefcase will come in handy when students enter into the profession.
8. Briefs- (Literally) This may be as practical as it gets, and let’s face it, law students do not have the time to be running back and forth to the laundromat several times a week.
9. LSATTimer Analog Watch- We’ve mentioned this product in previous posts and it would certainly make a great gift for anyone studying for the LSAT.
10. Manhattan LSAT Set of 3 Strategy Guides- The ultimate gift for all pre-law students!
Have your eyes on something awesome this holiday season? We’d love to hear your suggestions! Leave us a comment below or tweet @manhattanlsat